Welcome to a new Sydney Diamond Sports Carnival at a new Host Club
Quakers Hill Pirates Baseball Club will host the first WALK the PLANK Zooka Cup on
Sunday, 15 September 2019
This one day carnival is a fun and active way for players new to the zooka format of our game to be introduced to the moving ball and give newly formed teams for 2019/2020 a chance to make friends and bond like pirates
The carnival includes off field activities including a jumping castle and treasure hunt. The Sydney Diamond Sports experienced staff will be on hand all day to help new Coaches and staff and all Umpires and balls will be supplied …. you just need to bring your zooka machine which will call for the day your teams “Canon”.
This is a relaxed, non-competitive, inclusive day and we hope that like Rammer Jammer before it, Walk the Plank will be a fun experience for all involved.
By completing the registration below or attached walk the plank registration 2019 you agree to the Carnival Rules and Conditions of Entry
- The Walk the Plank Zooka Cup Carnival will be played using SDS Rules in conjunction with Baseball Australia preferred rules for junior baseball in Australia as developed and published each year by Little League International.
- Games will be timed -75 minutes.
- Balls will be provided by the Carnival Director.
- Team Roster size must be a maximum of 16 eligible players.
- Age eligible players will be a maximum of 9 years old at 31 December 2019. It is recommended that the minimum age of participants be 6 years old.
- All teams must supply their own fully functional and operating zooka machine for zooka division and tee for tee-ball division.
- To be eligible players must be registered with Baseball Australia to play for season 2019/20 with an affiliated Club at the time of the carnival.
- Teams are required to nominate a Player Roster no later than 1 week prior to the Carnival.
- Teams can bat through their roster and sub in and out of the field at the discretion of the Head Coach.
- A scorer is not required for the carnival but a score keeper is recommended.
- The Head Coach of each team must have successfully completed the ASC Beginning Coaches General Principles Course as a minimum.
- All team staff 18 years or over must have valid Working with Children Clearances including a scorer if you have one.
- Any team withdrawing from the Carnival prior to commencement will incur a $50 processing fee.
- Should the Carnival be fully washed out, all Entry Fees will be refunded to teams less a pro-rata share of committed Carnival expenses.
- Team rosters and photographs may be published – website, program, social media.
- Team entry is not guaranteed until Entry Fee payment is received.
- The Carnival Director has the right to reject any Carnival registrations.